Assalamualaikum.
Gosh I'm so hungry. Hungry hungry hungry. IDK why but nenek's ketengkong ( I'll leave it to you to figure out what that is ) is always sooooo filling for buka, but my stomach still feels empty after having ketengkong for sahur. It's so weird.
Anyway. This morning I went shopping for baju raya with my sisters, Liza, Kala Jijah and Mama. I didn't find anything that I even remotely liked. I'm picky, yes I know. In the end, we bought the same baju kurung that my eldest sister had bought the day before. I didn't find the colour that I wanted so I bought red.
We walked around and saw this baju kurung (?) that the three of us liked, and we're thinking of getting it since we got the first one cheap. I wanted the white one but it had some pink on it.. I've never worn pink in my life.
( So how do I explain that pink skirt hanging in my wardrobe? ) Oh wait. I think I've worn pink once.
Anyway. Maybe I should try pink this year. There's a first time for everything!
I still wonder why people always associate baju raya with sequins, lace and all those fancy and shiny stuff. I like all my baju raya-s to be low-profile. I wouldn't be caught dead in lace and sequins.. Unless forced. That's why next year, I want to design my own baju raya.
Yes yes yes I know I know I know. Every single year I've been saying that I was going to design my own outfit, but never did that actually happen. All my designs ended up halfway done. Seeing that I've been procrastinating so much, next year, I want my design to be complete by February or March. Then I want to find the right cloth, and send my design to a good tailor. I want my baju raya by June or July. InsyaAllah, Amin! :D
Anyway, after that we went to Arab Street, got tudungs, and walked around before proceeding to Golden Landmark. We passed by this calligraphy stand and the guy offered to write my sister's name on a piece of paper for free, as a sample. My sister liked it so much that she decided to buy one of her name in a frame. Then I wanted one, then my sister, then my cousin, my aunt, my mum..
In other words, we all got one. The guy spelt my name wrong, however. He spelt it with a د and not a ض. I told him my name was spelt with a ض but he said no, that was wrong. Naadhirah with a د meant flower, but mine with a ض meant bright. I wanted to tell him that but I didn't. However in the end, after some persuading, he skillfully changed the د to a ض. The way he did it was so cool. :D
Now, I am so tired from walking all day and all I can think about is sleep. Hence, imma get me some! Adios everybadan. I think I might change my blogskin tonight. Or not. Oh, just wait and see. Eheh ^^
Salam, NaaDear.
Ku dikejar bayang-bayang resah, bila hatimu masih tak berubah.