
Assalamualaikum.
For the past few hours I've been hooked on Googling masquerade masks and drooling over them, and now I'm hooked on designing some of my own! After I've filled a whole page of my designs, I'll scan it and post it up here yeah.
Designing masquerade masks isn't as easy as it seems. First I have to draw the basic mask shape, whether I want it to be a half-mask, a full mask or the kind of half-mask they used on the Phantom of the Opera. Mine are all half-masks currently because I like those kinds, hehe. I'm going all feathers and sequins here, personally I feel that those dramatic Mardi Gras masks are phenomenal!
Drawing the basic mask shape itself is hard, especially when drawing half-masks. There are so many shapes you can make up! Then there's the whole symmetrical thing, one of the biggest challenges. To get the mask shape to look symmetrical is difficult! But I do my best. :D
After all that, I can go all out on my design using sequins and colours and feathers. It's great fun and and a useful time-killer! For me, of course. Eheh. Once I start designing I just cant stop :)
Back to my notebook.
[EDIT]
Izza was being annoyingly impatient and wanted me to upload a picture of my designs pronto, and so I did. I seriously couldn't be stuffed scanning it, so I took pictures of it instead. And slenger me, in the sunlight just now I got clear photos but accidentally deleted them after I THOUGHT I had uploaded them into my laptop. So I had to take the pictures again, no sunlight this time, brightness courtesy of the flash. *DSLR flashes blind me* Sorry if they're not clear!
[/EDIT]
Salam, NaaDear.
I don't wanna run away but I cant take it, I don't understand. If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?